If there is anything you can do to make your digital marketing customers happy then now is the time to ‘do a Nike’ and JUST DO IT.
Is it time to shift the focus from making completely new customers to instead investing energy in those “casual customers”?
Who are casual customers? They are those new visitors that have already purchased something the one time and are just one step away from making that valuable second purchase.
Consider this likelihood of success:
Selling to an existing customer 60-70% vs selling to a new prospect 5-20%. Now is the time to build a solid relationship, company to customer, by interacting with them with informative content during each phase of their journey.
Here are some of our tips on how to turn one-time buyers into loyal customers:
- Use special occasions to promote your products. Is it New Year? Xmas? An anniversary or 5 years since you launched your business? Celebrate this! It’s an occasion to talk about your brand by reminding customers when they first bought your product or send them wishes on their birthdays. These a great way of reminding them that you are there. Even if they don’t take you up on your offer of a discount they will appreciate that you remembered their birthday!
- Let your customers know about price changes. If your customer was one step away from making a purchase then some additional information on the price can really influence them when it comes to making that transaction. What’s important here is conveying a sense of urgency when it comes to them adding the product to their basket. These messages with purchase updates create more engagement and promote stronger ties with the brand.
- Send a top-up reminder. Has the customer already bought a product that could be running low now? Ink, water filters, copy paper? Now is the time to send a reminder that they should reorder and this will encourage repeat purchases and make sure they don’t go to a competitor for the same product.
- Reward Loyalty. Make sure you make the customers who stay loyal to your brand feel that you appreciate their support. Either premium content or exclusive early access to a sale, for instance, encourages commitment to your business.
- Reviews. Has your customer made a purchase? Following it up with a request for a review will make sure that your company gains visibility in the eyes of other customers- especially if it’s positive!