Now that digital has replaced physical, how can a small business with no digital experience get started?
With everyone racing to the top of the digital mountain you’ve got to stand out across media to be seen. Brand awareness gets maximum results!
No matter what your budget is, digital marketing is accessible for businesses of all shapes and sizes.
Have you recently started a business? Or maybe you have a small business that you’re trying to get off the ground and running.
Here are …tips to get you off the ground and running.
1-Optimize your content for search engines
The visitors you need are the ones actively searching for the services you offer online. It is easy to convert these visitors because they are highly targeted.
What are the first steps to get started with SEO?
Keyword research-> this will allow you to improve your search engine visibility.
You will find the words your future customers are using on search engines through keyword analysis. You may use a tool such as @Semrush to start your keyword search to help. It’s easier to target long-tail keywords as a new enterprise (three or more words).
These long-tail keywords have three big advantages:
- They have clear intent.
- They have low competition (and therefore it’s easier to get those top spots).
- They account for a large portion of searches.
- Half of all search queries are long-tail keywords.
If your keyword/user intent strategy isn’t targeting these terms, you’re missing about half of your audience and half of your potential leads.
2-If you run a local business, optimize your business for local search.
- Upload your business details to the local listings
- Collect reviews from your customers
Once you’re ready to start with paid advertising your up and running SEO will mean quicker results as you target the best keywords that match your business.
3-A Blog that’s up to date!
Content is what is going to guide your potential customers. Customers read before they buy. The average person consumes 11.4 pieces of content before making a purchasing decision, according to Forrester.
- Create posts that solve problems for your audience
- Guest blog on other industry websites to reach a wider audience
- Generate inbound links that lead back to your own website as this will boost your website’s SEO.
To keep up to date with what to publish consistently. To help, you can create an editorial calendar so that you can publish new content consistently on your blog.
What are the benefits of updating your blog regularly?
It helps you rank for more keywords which means more leads.
HubSpot found that companies that published 16 blog posts monthly got 4.5 times more leads than those with zero to four posts.
- Personalised subject lines are 26% more likely to be opened.
- Invest in a provider of email services that support automatic emails. This way, based on their preferences, you can send emails to your subscribers and make sure that your emails are always customised, automatically.
Now, you need to send personalized emails to your subscribers to get them to open your emails and click-through to your website.
5-Invest in native and contextual advertising.
-> Content distribution to a relevant audience
- Repurpose content to connect with your audience.
- Use visuals like images and videos as they attract higher engagement.
- Share relevant industry content with users who are already interested.
- When you consider that consumers look at native ads 53 percent more frequently than other ads then you know you need to take it seriously.
With the right strategy, the right mindset, you’ll be much better equipped to stand out and generate real results from digital platforms.